9 Points Which Make Mahogany a Perfect Material for Your Vintage Wooden Wine Cellar
There are many people who prefer a more vintage look for their wine cellar design. This is mostly because it helps complement their vintage wine collection and provides an old-world charm to the overall décor. If you too are one of them then you will know that the best way to do this is by means of wooden wine cellars. And the best place to get them? Of course, the Wine Cellars of Houston.
It is not enough to go for any wood for your wine cellar. So, Wine Cellars of Houston offers its clients a varied range of wood to choose from for their Houston wine cellars. These include Mahogany, All Heart Redwood, Premium Redwood, and White Oak. However, if you want a rustic yet sophisticated and elegant look for your residential wine cellar, mahogany is a great choice.
Here are 9 characteristics of mahogany which make it a great wood species for your vintage wine cellar design:
- Looks:Mahogany offers a very appealing warm vibe that is sure to be noticed at first glance. Its reddish-pink hue ages with the passage of time, and turns more into a reddish-brown tone. The grain pattern deflects ambient lights thus making it give off a rich glow. This behavior makes your Conroe TX wine cellars even more attractive and worthy of admiring.
- Durability:This is certainly a characteristic that everyone looks for in a wine cellar design. And opting for mahogany for your wine cellars Houston takes care of this perfectly. Being a heavy hardwood, Mahogany is very much less prone to bumps and dents. This makes ita perfect choice for long-term use.
- Resistance:Mahogany is highly resistant to both moisture and decay. This adds to the longevity of your custom home wine cellars. Another aspect of mahogany is its ability to receive stain better than other wood species. The stain adds to its finish without compromising its quality at all.
- Feature rich wood: Among mahogany’s best features are the fine grain patterns and the best thing to note about this variety is that it is free from pockets and cavities. The typical reddish brown shade of this wood turns deep with time. While the workable feature makes it a fair choice for the woodworkers, the finishes and stains come out really well.
- Elegant storage option: When searching for wooden wine racks for storing the bottles, mahogany is one of the preferred choices due to elegance and sophistication. Moreover, the racking options with this wood may differ in shape and forms but all of them are designed to fit the collections of customers. We offer the choicest mahogany racks designed by Rudy Ardon to fit the standard bottles and racks with large openings that are ideal for storing the large-format bottles.
- Wall-mounted racks:The wall-mounted mahogany racks are ideal for small storage spaces. If you select a modular system, add more units if you need to store more bottles.
- Varieties of mahogany racks: Among the varieties of mahogany wood is prime and amber blaze. While the amber blaze variety is known for reddish brown shade and is ideal for customers who are keen to indulge. The prime mahogany, on the other hand, comes with different grain patterns and the finest strength to weight ratio and is more affordable.
- Guaranteed safety: Storing the wine bottles in mahogany racks provides a safe place to showcase your selections. If you are looking for a storage place where the wines age gracefully in an aesthetic storage place, the mahogany racks work to full potential. From looks to functionality, you can achieve the best results with the right storage option.
- No odor: Among the wood used in the wine racks construction, mahogany is preferred over others as it does not have the characteristic odor that most of the other varieties do. So, the pungent and uncanny smells won’t interfere with the aroma of the wine.
Wine Cellars of Houston offers high-quality wine cellars customized to your space. Opt for wine cellars build with mahogany wood and give your guests a perfect vintage showpiece to admire while sipping wine.
To know more about us, visit www.winecellarsofhouston.com or just dial 281-271-7045.